cOmplete, EDTA-free Protease Inhibitor Tablets, inhibit a broad spectrum of serine and cysteine proteases. In contrast to other cOmplete tablets they do not contain EDTA, leaving the stability and the function of metal-dependant proteins unaffected. The affinity purification of Poly-His-tagged fusion proteins using IMAC (Immobilized Metal Affinity Chromatography) is also facilitated (no dialysis necessary). cOmplete EDTA-free Tablets are identical to cOmplete Tablets, the only difference being that no EDTA or other chelating (e.g. EGTA) agents are included.
Due to the optimized composition of the tablets, they show excellent inhibition of serine and cysteine proteases, and are well suited for the protection of proteins isolated from animal tissues, plants, yeast, and bacteria. cOmplete, EDTA-free tablets, contains both irreversible and reversible protease inhibitors. Metallo- and aspartic proteases are not inhibited.
Use cOmplete Protease Inhibitor Tablets to protect your proteins from a wide range of proteases. In just minutes, uninhibited proteolytic activity can degrade the protein you have spent days isolating. Each of these convenient water-soluble tablets contains a blend of protease inhibitors that inhibits proteolytic activity from most cell types, including animals, plants, yeast, and bacteria. No weighing or measuring is necessary, ensuring consistent results.
- Easy-to-use: Simply drop a quick-dissolving tablet into your buffer
- Complete protection: Instantly protect your proteins against a broad range of proteases
- Flexible: Protect proteins in extracts from almost any tissue or cell, including animals, plants, yeast, bacteria, or fungi
- Safe: Choose non-toxic inhibitors that pose no risk to you or those around you
- Working concentration: 1 tablet per 50 ml extraction solution
- Working solution: One cOmplete EDTA-free Protease Inhibitor Tablet is sufficient for the inhibition of the proteolytic activity in 50 ml extraction solution. When very high proteolytic activity is present, one tablet should be used for 25 ml extraction buffer. Tablets can be added directly to the extraction medium.
- Preparation of Stock solution (25 X conc.): Dissolve one cOmplete EDTA-free tablet in 2 ml dist. water or in 2 ml 100 mM phosphate buffer, pH 7.0. Stock solution is stable for 1-2 weeks at 2 to 8 °C or at least 12 weeks at -15 to -25 °C; can be used in thiol-containing solutions at 15 to 25 °C.
- Applications: cOmplete™, EDTA-free is used for the inhibition of serine and cysteine proteases in bacterial, yeast, plant, and animal cell extracts, and the inhibition of proteolytic activity in large volumes (up to 50 ml) in which EDTA may interfere with protein stability (e.g., metal-containing proteins) or subsequent assays. Since EDTA interferes with IMAC (Immobilized Metal Affinity Chromatography), cOmplete, EDTA-free, is preferentially used in the isolation process of Poly-His-tagged fusion proteins.
This product has met the following criteria: