Territory Sales Manager (Team South)
Reporting to: Regional Sales Manager (Hayley Holmes)
Closing Date: TBA
Salary: On application
Job Summary: Selling Laboratory Consumables, Chemicals, Reagents and Equipment into Oxfordshire, Bucks, Beds and Herts (west side of M1). Flagship account being the University of Oxford.
This is a prestigious territory within the SLS Sales Team, being one of that largest from a monetary perspective. This territory also has the added benefit of supporting a Single Source Supply Contract for one of the leading brands in the scientific market into the University of Oxford.
The Successful candidate will be expected to meet & exceed target expectations on a well-developed and performing territory by selling and promoting the vast portfolio of product offering such as; general lab supplies, liquid handling consumables and equipment, life science product range, capital equipment and chemicals.
A key component of success will be close coordination and collaboration with a team of product specialists leading these product segments.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, high energy salesperson to join our innovative and fast-paced business. An individual with a 'can do' attitude who can hit the ground running and be a successful contributor to a rapidly growing organisation. You must be able to work well within a team as well as organise and motivate yourself.
Key skills and attributes
- Has a minimum of 2 years field sales experience which ideally would be within academia and research, Biotech, clinical and Pharma or industrial laboratory environments.
- Has a scientific background or understanding (this would be beneficial but not essential).
- Can take responsibility for establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers,
- Able to prioritise workload.
- Can provide a high level of support and service to existing accounts
- Shows the necessary enthusiasm to grow territory performance by approaching new and prospective customers, be it by arranging prior appointments or by 'cold-calling’
- Has a proven track record of success within a sales environment.
- Displays a self-motivated and driven personality.
- Has good interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Has a full clean UK driving licence.
Benefits of working at SLS:
- 24 days holiday
- Pension Scheme
- Small, friendly and sociable teams
- New opportunities, helping you to progress your career
- Bonus schemes to reward your personal contribution
Scientific Laboratory Supplies Limited
Wilford Industrial Estate
or click here to contact us.