Job Title: Marketing Manager
Reporting to: Marketing Director
Works in close cooperation with: Senior Product Manager
Closing date: 19.3.21
At Scientific Laboratory Supplies (SLS) we are currently looking for a Marketing Manager to join our ever-growing team as the UK’s largest independent supplier of laboratory equipment, chemicals and consumables. Because of our independence we are unique in the market and we are looking for someone who will relish the opportunity of being a part of a fast-paced, flexible and dynamic Marketing team whilst providing a lead role in strategizing and developing the Marketing function.
Through sustained growth, SLS continue to take significant leaps in the laboratory market as our business model allows us to be flexible to market conditions and jump on opportunities as they present themselves. Working with a portfolio of 4,000 suppliers and over 500,000 products, this role will encompass all aspects of modern Marketing activity.
The marketing team has grown considerably over the last few years as we look to develop both our brand, but also those of our world leading portfolio of supply chain partners. Our Company Values focus on Integrity, Empowerment, Simplicity, Passion and Precision in order to deliver the best service for our customers.
If you want to join a vibrant team and you thrive in a creative environment, whilst relishing the opportunity of making a real impact in your role, then SLS are the right fit for you.
On a day to day basis, your role will include:
- Using market research and analysis to direct marketing strategy and planning
- Tracking all marketing and sales data and creating detailed written reports and verbal presentations for senior executives
- Working closely with the marketing teams to develop detailed marketing plans for all media channels and the sales teams/divisions
- Supports and promotes the creative development of promotional materials, catalogues, website content, advertisements, and other marketing-related projects
- Control over departmental budget to develop cost-effective marketing plans with demonstrable indications of return on investments
- Build and maintain relationships with various media types, industry partners and advertising/marketing agencies.
- Copywriting, editing and proofreading for a range of marketing materials including press releases, content, social media content and case studies
- Co-ordination and management of company communications
- Integral in the preparation and delivery of an industry leading Scientific Laboratory Show & Conference and other company attendance at trade shows and exhibitions.
- You will have specific Industry experience and extensive scientific product knowledge with a good understanding of their target audience
- Experience or qualifications in creative and writing skills including but not exclusive to press releases
- Good organisation and planning skills
- Extensive experience in interpreting and presenting marketing data analysis Good people management and communication skills
- Proficient in CRM capabilities and data utilisation
As part of our salary and benefits package, we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Bonus schemes to reward your personal contribution
- A great working environment in purpose-built offices
- Small, friendly and sociable teams with great staff events
- Career opportunities for development and progression
- Tram2work scheme
Scientific Laboratory Supplies Limited
Wilford Industrial Estate
or click here to contact us.