Territory Sales Manager - Team North
Scientific Laboratory Supplies are currently recruiting for the position of Territory Sales Manager, reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, North UK.
Selling laboratory consumables, chemicals, reagents, equipment and service into a territory covering the areas of Hull, Grimsby, Wakefield, Huddersfield, Halifax, Leeds and Doncaster.
- Has a minimum of 4 years field sales experience with previous roles ideally within academia and research, biotech, clinical and pharma or industrial laboratory environments.
- Has a scientific background such as laboratory work experience or a scientific degree or equivalent.
- Understands procurement processes and platforms, as well as frameworks within different establishments and able to identify opportunities to tender for larger contracts.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Can take responsibility for establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers.
- Will be an enthusiastic and professional Account Manager to present and promote SLS products to the highest standard.
- Shows the necessary enthusiasm to grow territory performance by approaching new and prospective customers, be it by arranging prior appointments or by 'cold-calling.’
- Will plan and attend exhibitions at private companies, science parks and Universities, and attend national sales meetings.
- Has a proven track record of success within a sales environment.
- Has familiarity with creating and maintaining records within a CRM system.
- Displays a self-motivated and driven personality, is customer and performance-focused, delivering an excellent service with efficiency and positivity.
- Has good interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Has a full clean UK driving licence
The Territory Sales Manager’s primary goal is to achieve and exceed sales targets by undertaking all aspects of the sales cycle from lead generation and cold calling activities, right through to negotiation and closing of each sale. They will arrange appointments, follow-up on quotes, samples, and leads as well as identify and conduct key account analysis, create and develop plans to maintain existing business and gather information for new opportunities. They will respond to customer enquiries promptly, liaising with internal support to assist where necessary. In line with the business strategy, the role will involve working alongside internal cross-functional teams, such as specialist product support managers, as well as manufacturer representatives and other support teams to deliver results that meet customer satisfaction, sales growth and success.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, high energy salesperson to join this innovative and fast-paced business. An individual with a 'can-do' attitude who can hit the ground running and be a successful contributor to a rapidly growing company. You must be able to work well within a team as well as working as a self-starting individual.
In return, we offer a competitive salary dependent on experience, with a market-leading bonus scheme, Company car or car allowance, 24 days annual leave, contributory pension and healthcare options.
Scientific Laboratory Supplies Limited
Wilford Industrial Estate
or click here to contact us.