We have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Business Manager to join our innovative & fast paced business covering UK & Republic of Ireland. In this role you will have full autonomy over a key sector of our business with established sales/relationships. This role has huge potential for sales growth and to be part of a rapidly growing company at a very exciting phase of our development.
We are looking for someone that can work independently, build good relationships and is well organised to help take our Clinical business to the next level.
The position is a mix between account management, business development and providing strategic leadership to support the existing sales force in growing the clinical business in their territories.
- Provide training, guidance and strategy to help the wider sales force grow their sales.
- Be the go-to person for the Clinical sector.
- Organise marketing campaigns, assist with product/supplier launches, attend/exhibit at relevant events and provide training to the sales team.
- Comfortably speak with senior procurement contacts within the NHS and have an understanding of how these procurement processes/contracts work to enable them to negotiate effectively.
- Analyse sales data, identify market trends and use this information to grow the business.
The Ideal Candidate:
Although this role requires a variety of competencies, we recognise that not everyone will necessarily have all of these skills on day one. So, we are willing to consider a wide range of individuals with different experience levels who show the potential to learn the additional skills over time.
Examples of the type of person we’d consider include:
- Existing Sales, Account management or business development experience
- Existing laboratory experience in the Clinical sector but no sales experience
- Existing experience of working in a procurement function within the clinical sector but no laboratory or sales experience
Nice to have:
- Prior history of managing complex projects working as part of cross functional teams
- Sales experience selling into the Clinical sector
- Experience of working with NHS Supply chain, NHSBT and relevant managed service providers
- Understanding of Clinical tenders/frameworks with experience of winning new business
- Understanding of clinical laboratories and their various workflows
- In depth technical experience of anatomical pathology/histology, haematology, medical microbiology, cytogenetics and/or associated clinical biomedical techniques
A Full driving licence is essential as visits to customers sites and attendance at conferences/exhibitions across the UK and ROI are expected. A mainland UK central location is preferred but not essential.
SLS are the UK’s largest independent supplier of laboratory equipment, chemicals & consumables. Because of our independence, we have a unique approach to sourcing & supplying the highest quality, best value products & brands. Supplying to a wide range of sectors, provides a diverse & interesting customer base as well as providing countless opportunity to grow & expand.
Our sales organisation is formed in a matrix whereby this position would work alongside existing territory sales representatives (~40 across the UK & Ireland) and dedicated product specialists. As the largest independent laboratory distributor in the UK this is an exciting opportunity to work with and learn from some of the best people in the industry.
We have offices across the UK, ROI and East Africa with our main office based in Nottingham. We are also part of the larger European group: Dutscher making us the largest independent laboratory distributor in Europe.
It is an especially exciting time to join us as we are due to move into our new, purpose built 56,000 sq ft headquarters at Fairham Business Park next year.
We are passionate about our people & have developed a strong team dynamic who are welcoming & supportive of new individuals joining the company with a brilliant management team to support you as you find your feet in the role. We are also proud to be a Living Wage Employer.
Alongside our commitment to your professional & personal development, we also offer a generous benefits package including:
- Competitive salary with generous quarterly and annual bonus incentives linked to performance against sales targets.
- Car allowance / Company car
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Company pension
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity leave
- Small, friendly, & sociable teams with staff events
- Career opportunities for development & progression
Scientific Laboratory Supplies Limited
Wilford Industrial Estate
or click here to contact us.