Junior Graphic Designer
SLS first began trading in 1991 and, since then, we have grown to become the UK’s largest independent supplier of laboratory equipment, chemicals and consumables. Because of our independence, we are unique in our approach to sourcing and supplying the highest quality, best value products and brands.
We provide our customers precisely what they need, exactly when they need it. From pipettes and petri dishes to the latest in laboratory instrumentation, we pride ourselves on the quality of products and the service we provide.
Our marketing department is fundamental to the success of our business and we are seeking a creative, driven and talented Junior Graphic Designer to join our Design and Publications Team.
This is a fantastic opportunity where you will support in the successful development and production of marketing collateral in all its forms.
On a day to day basis, your role will include:
Supporting the Design and Publications Manager in the production of catalogues and promotional literature/graphics. This includes:
- The design and creation of a wide variety of marketing collateral (both print and digital) including brochures, exhibition stands, flyers, posters, social media graphics, packaging, external company adverts, web graphics. This will include both utilising existing templates as well as creating new ones.
- Assisting in the production of both our biennial 1,300 page industrial catalogue and our annual 750 page Education catalogue.
- Utilising the Product Information Management (PIM) system in the creation of all marketing collateral working closely with other departments including the wider Marketing Team and Product Management Team.
Presenting ideas and concepts to relevant stakeholders.
Attributes and skills required:
- Graphic design experience, ideally to degree level
- Working knowledge of Adobe CC
- High level of attention to detail
- Well organised, capable of planning and prioritising workload to ensure deadlines are met
- Proactive in all tasks
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team in a motivational manner
If you are looking to develop and grow your experience in a role where you will get first hand exposure to the production of marketing literature which underpins the marketing activity of our company, this is the perfect role for you.
This really is a fantastic opportunity with a market leading business who, in return for your commitment, loyalty and expertise, offer a great place to work.
With a Nottingham based Head Office, but with customers all over the UK, we are a stable but growing company who have an excellent reputation in the market.
We are passionate about our people and have developed a strong team dynamic who are welcoming and supportive of new individuals joining the company.
We offer support, training and ongoing development as well as giving you further career opportunities.
As well as a competitive salary, we offer 24 days holiday, pension, free parking and are accessible by public transport (including the tram) from Nottingham so reaching us could not be easier.
If you are interested and would like to join a successful and dynamic team please forward your CV to the following address:
Scientific Laboratory Supplies Limited
Wilford Industrial Estate
or click here to contact us.