We are absolutely thrilled to win at the Lab Awards with our winning product Jellagen, a marine biotechnology range of collagen products manufactured from derived from a UK sourced Jellyfish (Rhizostoma pulmo).
Our objective is to supply a sustainable source of critical biomaterials which do not carry the environmental and human health risks of traditional collagen sources.
- Source has a low carbon footprint
- Provided in environmentally friendly packaging
- A naturally abundant pest species
- Flexibility - Compatible with a broad range of cell types and an ideal biomaterial for medical devices and scientific research.
- Non-Mammalian - Derived from jellyfish, so avoiding ethical and safety concerns over the use of mammalian collagen.
- Multi-platform - Works effectively across multiple applications.
- Transferable - Easily transferable from in-vitro to in-vivo studies, due to its human biocompatibility.
- Structurally intact - Proprietary extraction technique that prevents the structural alteration of the protein which more readily occurs in the extraction of mammalian collagen.
- Safety - Disease vector and virus free, so minimising the risk of transmission.
This jellyfish collagen-based innovation addresses complex regenerative medical needs, shaping next generation treatments and supporting current and future scientific research. Collagen Type 0, is an evolutionary ancient stem collagen that is foundational, allowing greater applications across multiple indications. Unlike alternative collagens which are more specific therefore restricting their end applications, Collagen Type 0 is more versatile due to its evolutionary lineage. For this reason, it can be classed as the “stem of all collagens”.
Award Winning Jellyfish Collagen for Tissue Engineering, Cell Culture & Biochemistry.
Click here to discover a new era for cell culture.