Three models are available in this range, all manufactured from the high quality borosilicate glassware coupled with silica sheathed heaters, giving pyrogen free distillate of the highest purity from virtually any raw water supply. The unique condenser design ensures that the droplets of distilled water remain in contact with the cooling coil for the longest possible time ensuring maximum energy transfer. This produces cold distilled water ready for immediate use and pre-heats the boiler feed to increase efficiency.
The A4000 produces 4 litres/hour single distilled water, whereas the A8000 produces 8 litres/hour single distilled water which ideal for the larger laboratory. Both the A4000 and A8000 can operate standing on the laboratory bench or be wall mounted, and are supplied with easy to fit wall mounting bracket.
The 4000D produces 4 litres/hour double distilled water for higher purity levels. The first stage distillation is carried out in a glassware set mounted at the front of the cabinet allowing easy access for descaling. The distilled water is fed to a second set of glassware mounted at the rear and distilled a second time. The rear glassware is fitted with a level sensor to ensure the heater is only activated when there is sufficient water in the boiler.
- All glass construction allows rapid descaling using strong mineral acids
- Built in "clean" function and integral acid addition funnel make the cleaning operation simple and safe with no need to dismantle any of the glassware
- A large bore stopcock with PTFE key is fitted for easy draining of chemicals after cleaning
- Flow sensing device will detect any reduction in the flow of cooling water to below the required level and will turn off the still before it can overheat
- Sensing the flow of cooling water rather than its pressure is safer and allows the still to run normally on low pressure supplies down to 3psi (20kPa)
- As a fail-safe device there is an over-temperature thermostat mounted in the boiling chamber
- The control is a simple and effective system which can be fitted to virtually any type of reservoir vessel
- It will turn the still off when the reservoir is full and restart it when the level in the reservoir drops as distilled water is removed for use making it fully automatic. water purification