Apiezon N Grease is silicone-free and widely recognised and recommended as the cryogenic vacuum grease of choice. This cryogenic grease is specially formulated to exhibit craze-free performance characteristics at low temperatures and withstand frequent cycling between cryogenic temperatures as low as -273°C and +30°C.
- Can withstand frequent cycling between cryogenic temperatures as low as -273°C and +30°C
- Is craze-free at cryogenic temperatures
- Has the ability to fill the micropores of adjoining surfaces, so improve thermal contact
- Does not suffer from contamination problems associated with silicone based greases such as 'creep' or 'carry over'
- Exhibits a vapour pressure of 6 x 10-10 Torr at 20°C
- Has powerful 'gettering' action, meaning it absorbs potentially harmful grease and chemical impurities on metal and glass surfaces
- Is easy to clean, use and remove as it is soluble in hydrocarbon solvents