A Rotary evaporator is a distillation unit that incorporates an efficient condenser with a rotating sample flask. As the flask containing the solvent is rotated, it continually transfers a thin layer of liquid over the entire inner surface. This gives a very large surface area for evaporation, the sample or Florentine flask can additionally be heated by an accessory bath to accelerate the process. The entire system has been designed to be vacuum tight, an accessory vacuum pump can be connected to reduce the overall pressure and hence the boiling point of your sample.Each unit is also provided with an easy to use vacuum release and a continuous feed system, which allows more solvent to be drawn into the rotating Florentine flask without the need to stop the operation.
- Digital control
- Can be orientated for left or right handedness
- Simple, counterbalanced lift mechanism
- PTFE/glass liquid pathway for chemical inertness
- Long life graphite impregnated PTFE vacuum seal
- Efficient flask and vapour tube ejection system