The Magnetic Induction Stirrer by Heathrow Scientific is motor-less, using advanced coil technology that produces the strongest magnetic coupling and has no moving parts making this unit wear-free and maintenance free. Motor-less Magnetic Stirrer: The magnetic coil technology works on the inductive principle with alternative current (AC) as its driving force. The generated moving magnetic field drives the spinning of the stir bar in the vessel. Several advantages come with a motor-less magnetic stirrer versus a traditional magnetic stirrer.
- No heat is generated after hours of continuous use making this unit ideal for temperature sensitive samples and environments
- Quiet operation and low vibration helps users stay focused in the lab
- The magnetic field driving the stir bar maintains continuous constant speeds for reproducible resultsWith advanced coil technology the strength of the coupling between the unit and stir bar is controlled by the amount of electric current that flows through the coil. High-quality rare-earth magnets are used in the stirrer design to ensure a strong magnetic coupling with consistent accurate alignment which significantly reduces the chance of spin-outs.
Once a program has started, the speed, cycle and time can be monitored. The stirring speed can be adjusted while a program is running.
Features and benefits:
- An easy to read digital display precisely controls time
- Rapid acceleration and braking (less than 10 seconds) to quickly meet stirring speed requirements
- Speed remains constant, even when load changes
- Durable ABS housing is corrosion resistant and easy to clean
- Safety certified and approved: CE, SGS, RoHS2, WEEE
- Three Year Warranty
Speed Range: 10 to 2,000RPM variable, 1RPM increments
Time Ranges: 30 seconds to 60 minutes, variable, 1 second increments or continuous
Stirrer Mode: Single clockwise, single c. clockwise, Auto reverse rotation (1 to 99 cycles 50% duty)
Capacity: 3L plus
Mixing Surface: 165mm diameter, silicone mat 160mm diameter
Weight: 1.13 kg (2.50lb)
Power Adapter Rating:Input: 100-240 VAC 50/60 Hz 1.0AOutput: 12 VDC 2.2A
Input: 12 VDC
Current (under load): Approx. 1.5A
Power: Approx. 18W